The perfect easy weeknight recipe. With ground beef, onions, peppers, taco seasonings, cream, and cheeses, your whole family will LOVE this creamy beef taco soup.
PREP TIME: 10minutes
COOK TIME: 20minutes
TOTAL TIME: 30minutes
SERVINGS: 10 servings
CALORIES: 442 kcal
- 2 pounds ground beef (80/20)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 bell pepper (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 24 oz beef broth
- 28 oz diced tomatoes (crushed tomatoes are fine too)
- double recipe taco seasoning mix (or 2 store-bought packets)
- 4 ounces salsa
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese (light cream cheese may be used)
- 1 cup heavy cream (fat free half and half can also be used)
- 2 cup cheddar cheese
In an Instant Pot or soup pot, saute ground beef, onion, and bell pepper over medium-high heat until the beef is no longer pink.
Add garlic cloves, beef broth, tomatoes, salsa, and taco seasoning. Stir to combine.
INSTANT POT: Set pot to high pressure – 2 minutes. Once the cooking cycle is complete, allow pressure to release naturally.
STOVETOP: Bring to a simmer, cover, and reduce heat to low. Continue to simmer for 30 minutes.
Add very soft cream cheese, heavy cream, and cheddar cheese to the pot. Stir until the cheeses are melted, and the soup is blended.
Adjust seasoning, serve and garnish with your favorite taco toppings. Enjoy!
- Use our Copycat Taco Seasoning Mix for best taste – plus it’s healthier than store-bought packets.
- Try and use freshly grated cheese! Pre-grated cheese in packages is coated with cellulose (a wood pulp) that absorbs moisture and prevents sticking of the cheese. Unfortunately, this also keeps the cheese from melting properly.
- Feel free to make some substitutions. Keep the onions for flavor, but feel free to add more veggies. Squash, zucchini, or even riced cauliflower taste great. Beans and corn are good too (if you’re not following a keto diet). Use ground chicken or ground turkey as a substitute for the beef too!
- NOTE: on 1/11/23 this recipe was refreshed with Instant Pot and stovetop instructions, new images, and an updated video.
Serving: 8ounces Calories: 442kcal Carbohydrates: 7.1g Protein: 23.7g Fat: 35.3g Cholesterol: 115.3mg Sodium: 912mg Fiber: 1.6g Sugar: 2.1g