These air fryer mini pizzas are easy, delicious, fun, and quick to make. Invite the kids in the kitchen for this one – they will love making air fryer mini pizzas with you as an easy meal or afternoon snack. Inspiration and adaptation from Pillsbury recommendations.
- 1 can Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layers (16oz) I chose Butter Tastin
- 1 cup pizza sauce. I used the regular Marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 package pepperoni. Approximately 64 pepperoni slices, considering that I put 4 pepperoni slices on one pizza
- 1/4 cup flour
- Olive oil or Avocado oil for brushing the pizza or cooking spray to spray both sides. I used Ghee butter spray.
- Parsley, finely chopped. Or basil
- Separate the dough from the can into 8 biscuits. Separate each biscuit into 2 layers
- Lay the biscuit on the kitchen board, sprinkle both sides with flour, and roll into 5-inch pizza dough. Set aside.
- Repeat with each biscuit.
- Working in batches, place 4 rolled pizzas onto the air fryer tray (basket). My Air fryer tray can fit 4 mini pizzas at a time.
- Using the silicone food brush, gently brush each pizza dough with oil on both sides. Or you can use the cooking spray.
- Air fry mode at 350F (170C) for 2 minutes on each side. This step is to pre-cook the “naked” pizza dough and to make the pizzas with a crispy crust. By “naked” I mean to cook just the biscuit crust. No added toppings yet.
- Once the biscuit pizza dough is pre-cooked, spread each biscuit layer with 1 teaspoon pizza sauce.
- Top each with 4 pepperoni slices.
- Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of shredded mozzarella cheese
Air fry at the same temperature, 350F (170C) for 3 minutes, or until the cheese is melted to the desired condition
Keep biscuits refrigerated until just before prepping to bake.
Flaky biscuits will pull apart more easily when they are still cold.
Or you can use a knife to slice each biscuit into 2 layers.
Swap pepperoni for cooked sausage crumbles, or leave it as a meat-free snack.
Be sure to put the cheese on top of the pepperoni to insure the pepperoni slices will stay put will and not fly around.