- 1 large onion, sliced. Note: Keep in mind that onions shrink as they cook during their caramelization stage (see pictures)
- 1 TBS oil of choice. I like to use olive oil or avocado oil.
- 1 tsp seasoning of choice. I currently use Mrs. Dash Seasoning blend or organic veggie spice blend from Costco
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper or to taste (optional)
Slice onions thin or whichever way you like to slice onions.
Preheat air fryer to 400F/200C for 2-5 minutes
In a large bowl add onions, oil, seasoning, salt and pepper, if desired.
Mix them well. I like to use brush to ensure an even coating with oil and seasoning.
Pour onions into your air fryer basket/tray. It is better to cook them directly on the tray/basket, however, you can line the tray with parchment paper or Air Fryer parchment paper.
Spread the onions in the basket so they don’t overlap
Air fryer mode at 400F/200C for 10 minutes, flipping them halfway or until the desired caramelized look. I lowered the temp to 350F and cooked for an additional 3-5 minutes because I love my onions golden brown and caramelized.
SERVING TIPS FOR AIR FRYER ONIONS
- You can serve these air fryer onions for different dishes.
- Serve them on burgers, hotdogs, and sliders
- Use as a topping in pizzas.
- Use saute onions in pasta.
- Add them to bruschetta top with cheese for delicious flavor.
- Use for the frittata.
- Sprinkle on grilled cheese to enhance the taste.
- Use for salads.