Air Fryer Oysters on the half shell done in New Orleans style, filled with a lemony, garlicky, butter sauce. Topped with cheese and air fried until the cheese has melted and turned golden brown. (Serve with crusty bread to soak up all of that buttery saucy goodness!) Yum!
- 8 oysters on the half shell
- 1/2 stick butter, room temperature or melted (4 oz)
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (~1/2 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
Mix the butter, garlic, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, cheese, salt, pepper, cayenne, and parsley and set aside.
Preheated air fryer to 350F/180C, place the oysters onto air fryer tray/basket and let cook for a minute or 2, or until the juice start to bubble.
Spoon in 1 tablespoon of the butter mixture onto each oyster, sprinkle on the cheese and cook until the cheese is golden brown. Approximately 4-5 minutes.
Sprinkle on the parsley and serve immediately with extra butter if desired, lemon wedges, hot sauce, and bread. Yum!