- Air fryer New York strip steak is juicy, moist, tender, tasty, and packed with flavors from the garlic herb butter. New York Strip Steak cooked in the air fryer is perfectly seared on the outside and juicy inside. This easy air-fried steak recipe in the air fryer is a must-try!
- Prep Time: 10 M | Cook Time: 15 M | Total Time: 25 M |
- Yield: 6 servings
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1.41 pounds New York strip steak (2 New York strip steak; 1-inch thick)
For the Garlic Herb Butter:
- 3 big cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons of Butter (I used salted butter)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper
- Step one: bring steak to room temperature. Remove steak from packaging and bring to room temperature. Allow it to completely rest for at least 30 – an hour before working on it.
- Step two: make garlic herb butter. First, soften the butter by leaving it at room temperature for 30 – 45 minutes before use. Wash and thinly cut all the herbs (garlic, parsley, rosemary, thyme, and oregano. Add softened butter to a bowl, then add the herbs, salt, and pepper. Add salt to your preference. If using salted butter, go light on the salt. Mix all the ingredients until well combined.
- Step three: season the NY strip steak. Place clean, ready-to-cook New York strip steak on a plate or cutting board. Divide the garlic herb butter into half; use one part to evenly coat the steak. Ensure the seasoning gets every part of the steak—Reserve the other half for use afterward.
- Step four: air fry NY strip steak. First, set the air fryer to 400 for 15 and preheat. After preheating, place the marinated steak in an air fryer basket to cook.
- Step five: NY strip steak air fryer time. Cook 8 minutes on one side and turn, then cook for another 7 minutes for a well done steak. Despite being well done, this air fryer NY strip steak is perfectly seared on the outside, moist and juicy inside. Plus, this steak is very flavorful! The meat thermometer should read 160°F for well done steak. Top steak with the remaining garlic herb butter.
I suggest using a good steak such as Ribeye, Filet Mignon, T-bone, Flat Iron Steak, Tri-Tip Steak, Kansas City Strip Steak, and NY Strip Steak. Use any cut of steak from the tender part of beef.
It is essential to allow steak to rest and come to room temperature before cooking in the air fryer.
Make sure to season your steaks well; do not cook bland steak.
Ensure that all the herbs are room temperature.
Do not overcrowd the air fryer; I typically only cook two steaks at a time in my air fryer because I want them to breathe.
Preheat the air fryer before adding the steak.
Use a meat thermometer, and cook to your desired doneness. I cooked these steaks precisely for 15 minutes for a well done meat. However, you can make them medium or medium-rare as you choose. Set the air fryer for 10 minutes to cook them medium-rare. On the other hand, set the air fryer for 12 minutes to cook them medium. Remember to turn/flip halfway!
After air frying steak, top with the remaining garlic herb butter and allow it to rest before cutting/serving. This will help it release its juices. Also, feel free to drizzle some of the juices back on the steak.
You will likely not use all the garlic herb butter; do not throw it away. You can you make some garlic butter potatoes or green beans with it.
Nutrition FactsServing Size 3 – 4 ouncesServes 6
Amount Per Serving Calories 182 % Daily Value* Total Fat 8.8g 11% Cholesterol 73.7mg 25% Sodium 157.6mg 7% Total Carbohydrate 1.5g 1% Dietary Fiber 0.6g 2% Sugars 0.1g Protein 24.8g 50%
- Vitamin A6%
- Vitamin C3%
- Vitamin B121%
- Vitamin E2%
- Vitamin K30%
This is only an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. Always listen to a professional nutritionist/dietician for nutritional advice.