Air Fryer Lobster Tails
Air Fried Lobster tails are so easy to make! This method is full proof and easier than broiling or even grilling! These are ready in less than 10 minutes and drizzled in a lemon garlic butter sauce.
Air Fryer Oil Spray Bottle
Air Fryer Parchment Paper
- 2 lobster tails About 5-7 ounces each.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter See notes.
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves Minced
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning Feel free to use your favorite seafood seasoning.
Pat the lobster dry and use kitchen shears to butterfly the lobster tails. Take the shears and slice through the top shell down the middle until you reach the base of the tail (fin). You’ll also cut into the meat, which will butterfly it and cause it to sit better on the shell.
Then flip the lobster tail over and press down on the ribs until you hear them crack. This will help release the meat when you go to butterfly it.
Turn the lobster tail over and open up the shell. Remove the vein from the lobster if it hasn’t been deveined.
Press along the edges of the shell on both sides to loosen up the meat. Keep the meat attached to the shell. Lift up the meat from the shell and lay it over the shell.
Combine the butter, garlic, lemon juice, parsley, and Old Bay Seasoning. Brush it over the tails. I like to use half of the butter sauce for when the lobsters go in the air fryer and then I drizzle the remaining sauce over the lobster tails once they have finished cooking.
Air fry for 5-8 minutes on 370 degrees. The best way to tell if the lobster is perfectly cooked is to use a meat thermometer. Test the deepest part of the meat and ensure it reads 145 degrees. The tail should be completely white with no grey translucent color.
- Feel free to double the recipe and ingredients. Cook the amount that will fit in your air fryer. Do not stack.
- The amount of butter used in this recipe assumes more dipping of butter once the lobster is cooked. Feel free to reduce the ingredients in half or by whatever suits your taste.
- Every air fryer cooks at varying speeds. Cook time will also vary depending on the size of the lobster you use. You will need to watch it and check on it as it cooks, to avoid overcooking it. If you overcook the lobster it will be rubbery and tough.
- If you’ve never butterflied lobster, it may take some practice. You may not get it right the first or second time.
- Butterflying allows heat from the grill, oven, or air fryer to penetrate every piece of the tail’s meat. It allows the lobster tail to cook evenly, so you don’t overcook it.
- You can cook whatever size lobster will fit in your air fryer. Be cautious of cook time.
Serving: 1lobster tail | Calories: 182kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 8g