These 6-ingredient keto low carb pancakes with almond flour and coconut flour are so easy, fluffy, and delicious. Paleo and gluten-free, too!
- 1 cup Blanched Almond Flour (blanched & finely ground recommended)
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 2-3 tbsp Besti Erythritol (or any sweetener of choice)
- 1 tsp Gluten-free baking powder
- 5 large Egg
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened almond milk (or any milk of choice; may need more – see instructions)
- 1/4 cup Avocado oil (or any neutral tasting oil that is liquid at room temperature)
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract (optional, but recommended)
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt (optional, but recommended)
- Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl until smooth. (Batter should be the consistency of typical pancake batter. If it’s too thick, add a little more milk. Don’t add too much, or the pancakes will be too “wet”.)
- Preheat an oiled pan* on the stove over medium-low to medium heat. Drop the batter onto the hot pan and form into circles. Cover and cook about 1.5-2 minutes, until bubbles start to form. Flip and cook another 1.5-2 minutes, until browned on the other side. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- After further testing and reader feedback, this recipe was slightly updated to make it even better! Above is the new version. The changes were adding avocado oil, reducing eggs by 1, and reducing almond milk slightly. So now, they are more flavorful and not egg-y. If you want the old version, use 6 eggs, 6-8 tbsp almond milk, and omit the avocado oil.
- For best flavor, fry the pancakes in ghee (clarified butter). Don’t use butter, because it burns too easily. Otherwise, avocado oil is a great oil to use with neutral taste.
- Make sure you have blanched, finely ground almond flour. The pancakes will be gritty if you use almond meal, ground almonds, or any other type.
- Use a mild, neutral tasting avocado oil, not extra virgin. It should be almost clear, not dark. Otherwise any other neutral tasting oil works great, too.
- Serving size: 2 3-inch pancakes
Amount per serving. Serving size in recipe notes above.
Calories: 268 | Fat: 23g | Protein: 9g | Total Carbs: 6g | Net Carbs: 3g |Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g