This pound cake is the delicious moist dessert you have been waiting for. Zesty lemon is the star of the show, and you’ll find it in the cake as well as the decadent lemon glaze.
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:1 hour
Total Time:1 hour 10 minute
Course: Breakfast, brunch, Dessert
- ▢1 cup cream cheese
- ▢6 tablespoon butter softened
- ▢¾ cup Joy Filled Eats Sweetener (or see alternatives in recipe notes)
- ▢6 eggs
- ▢¼ cup lemon juice
- ▢2 ½ cup almond flour
- ▢½ cup coconut flour
- ▢1 tablespoon baking powder
- ▢1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ▢½ cup powdered erythritol
- ▢1 tablespoon butter room temperature
- ▢1 teaspoon lemon extract or zest
- ▢2 teaspoon water
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a standard loaf pan with parchment.
- Combine the cream cheese, butter, and sweetener in the food processor. Pulse until smooth. Add the eggs, lemon juice, flours, baking powder, and zest. Pulse until well combined.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan. The batter will be thick.
- Bake for 60-70 min or until the center feels firm when lightly pressed and the edges are deep golden brown. (Check at 45 minutes and cover with foil if getting too brown).
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Run a knife around the edges and then lift the parchment to remove it from the pan. Cool completely.
- Mix the ingredients for the icing adding the water one teaspoon at a time. Spread the glaze on top of the cooled cake.
Nutrition: 5 NET carbs per slice. 12 slices per cake.
Lemon: for a stronger lemon flavor increase the lemon zest or extract in the glaze to 2 teaspoons. Or more. You can add as much as you want! We like it as written.
Substitutions: you can swap the lemon for any citrus fruit like limes or oranges.
Storage: you can keep the lemon keto cake in an airtight container. It lasts around 3-4 days.
To Freeze: either freeze the entire batch in a large freezer-safe container or in individual servings. Let it defrost on the counter before eating.
Notes on Sweeteners:
I use my own blend of xylitol, erythritol, and stevia in my recipes. This is twice as sweet as sugar. It is comparable to Trim Healthy Mama Gentle Sweet and Truvia.
To sub in Swerve or Lakanto Monk Fruit use 1.5 times the amount of sweetener called for.
To sub in Pyure or Trim Healthy Mama Super Sweet use half the amount of sweetener called for.
Substitutions will work in most recipes. They may not work in candies, such as caramel.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 322 | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 120mg | Sodium: 168mg | Potassium: 188mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 580IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 136mg | Iron: 2mg