Prep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 12 minutesCooling Time: 10 minutesTotal Time: 22 minutesServings: 12Calories: 265 kcal
- 2 cups Almond Flour
- 2 tsp Gluten-free baking powder
- 2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1 large Egg (whisked)
- 1/3 cup Heavy cream
- 1/3 cup Butter (melted)
- 1 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 3 tbsp Butter (melted)
- 1 tbsp Fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp Sea salt (to taste)
- In a large bowl, stir together the almond flour, baking powder, garlic powder, and sea salt.
- Stir in the egg, heavy cream, and melted butter, until uniform. Fold in the shredded cheese.
- Use a scant large cookie scoop to scoop the dough onto the lined baking sheet, at least 2 inches apart. (They will spread during baking.) Form into rounded biscuit shapes (flatten slightly with your fingers), but don’t shape much to keep them looking rustic.
- Bake for about 12-16 minutes, until semi-firm and golden.
- When the biscuits are done, let them cool for 10 minutes without moving, to firm up more. Stir together all the topping ingredients. then brush the biscuits with the melted butter topping.
Serving size: 1 large 3-inch biscuitRecipe makes 12 large, generous 3-inch biscuits. You could also make them smaller to reduce carbs/calories for each.
Amount per serving. Serving size in recipe notes above.| Calories: 265 | Fat: 24g | Protein: 8g | Total Carbs: 5g| Net Carbs:3g | Fiber: 2g |Sugar: 0g |