Whip up these Whole Grain Pancake Muffins in minutes for a healthy breakfast at home or on the go. Pack them in your kid’s lunch boxes for an extra special mid-day meal surprise.
- Prep Time: 10 minute
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 14
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Instant Pot / Pressure Cooker
- 2 cups Kodiak Flapjack and Waffle Mix (any flavor)
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups water (amount of water will vary depending on which Kodiak mix you use.)
- In a large bowl combine Kodiak Flapjack and Waffle Mix and water (per box directions).
- Generously spray the 2 silicone molds with non-stick spray. Using an ice cream scoop (that measures about 1/4 cup), divide all of the batter into the molds.
- Stack one of the filled molds on top of a trivet. Place 2 – 4 narrow mason jar lids on top followed by the second silicone mold.
- Pour 1 cup water into the pressure cooker pot and place the trivet and filled silicone molds inside.
- Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 5 minutes. When cooking is complete, use a natural release for 5 minutes and then release any remaining pressure.
- Let the pancake bites cool if needed for handling. Using a butter knife or spoon, scrape around each pancake bite to release it, then turn them over on to a cooling rack or plate.
- Enjoy warm, as is, or with a side of syrup, jam, or honey for dipping. These are also perfect for on-the-go and lunch boxes.
- Store extras in the refrigerator. Delicious chilled or reheated. They freeze beautifully as well.
- Eat right after they’re cooked for the fluffiest texture. They become more dense as they cool
- Pancake Muffins can be eaten hot or cold with butter or your favorite dip. Just think of what you typically like with your pancakes!
- To freeze: place in a freezer safe bag, squeeze the air out, then place in the freezer for 1 – 2 months.
- To pack in lunch boxes: Put muffin in lunch box frozen and it will thaw out by lunch, all while keeping the lunch box cold
- To reheat a frozen pancake muffin simply place it in the microwave for 30 seconds
Keywords: Instant Pot breakfast