This rich and creamy Instant Pot coconut curry lentil soup is the perfect quick and easy dinner. It’s loaded with veggies and boasts warming Indian flavors for a comfort food meal the entire family will love.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped or grated
- 2 tablespoons medium curry powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 150 g (¾ cup) green lentils, rinsed
- 1 litre(4 cups) vegetable stock
- 200 ml (1 cup) coconut milk
- 100 g (3.5 oz) black kale, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Set the Instant Pot to “Sauté” and add the coconut oil . Once it’s melted, add the onion, carrot, garlic and ginger and sauté for 4-5 minutes until softened.
- Stir in the curry powder, cayenne pepper, thyme and ground cinnamon and continue to sauté for a minute.
- Turn off the “Sauté” function and add the potatoes, green lentils and stock. Stir to combine, then lock the lid.
- Set the Instant Pot to High Pressure for 7 minutes. When the timer goes off, allow the steam to release naturally for 15 minutes, then release the rest of the pressure manually and remove the lid.
- Stir in the coconut milk and kale and cook in the residual heat for 2-3 minutes until wilted.
- Season to taste and serve with naan bread, garnished with fresh coriander or a splash of lime juice if you like.
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 360 TOTAL FAT: 15g SATURATED FAT: 12g TRANS FAT: 0g UNSATURATED FAT: 2g CHOLESTEROL: 0mg SODIUM: 816mg CARBOHYDRATES: 51g FIBER: 10g SUGAR: 6g PROTEIN: 10g
Nutritional information is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator