This easy, light vanilla cake is made in the Air fryer instead of the oven, which means it’s less likely to burn.
ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR: 240 g (1 3/4 cups)
BUTTER, MELTED: 80 g (5 tbsp)
WHOLE MILK: 60 ml (1/4 cup)
SUGAR: 150 g (3/4 cup)
BAKING POWDER: 10 g (3/4 tbsp)
VANILLA EXTRACT: 15 ml (1 tbsp)
SALT: a pinch
- Sift the flour into a deeper bowl, then add the baking powder and stir.
- In another bowl, add eggs and whisk with sugar.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the eggs and mix. Add milk to the mixture and continue to mix, then add vanilla extract, 1g of salt, and mix. Add the melted, cooled butter and mix for a final time.
- Pour the batter into a 15 cm/6-inch mold that you have lined with baking paper.
- Wrap the base with aluminum foil and transfer it into the air fryer.
- Bake in an air fryer at 180°C for 40 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil.
- Remove the cake from the pan and let it cool.