Instant Pot chicken gnocchi soup is comfort food in a bowl! This Olive Garden copycat recipe is made with pillowy gnocchi , tender chicken and healthy veggies for a quick, easy and delicious meal that can be on the table in 30 minutes.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 30 g (1 tablespoon) unsalted butter.
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 2 chicken breast fillets (about 450 g)
- 1.25 (5 cups) litres chicken stock.
- 500 g (1 lb) gnocchi.
- 200 ml (1 cup) single cream (half and half)
- 75 g ( 2 handfuls) baby spinach.
- Salt and black pepper to taste.
- Turn the Instant Pot to “Sauté” and wait for “Hot” to appear on the display. Add the butter and allow it to melt.
- Add the onion, carrot and celery and sauté for 2-3 minutes until slightly softened. Stir in the garlic, rosemary and thyme and cook for another minute.
- Turn off the “Sauté” function and place the chicken breasts on top of the veggies. Pour in the chicken stock (don’t stir) and place the lid on the Instant Pot.
- Set the Instant Pot to “High Pressure” for 8 minutes and perform a quick release when the program ends.
- Remove the lid, take the chicken breasts out and shred or dice them and set aside.
- Set the Instant Pot to “Sauté” again and wait for the soup to reach a simmer. Add the gnocchi and cook according to the instructions on the package. As a rule of thumb, the gnocchi are cooked when they float to the top. Turn off the “Sauté” function.
- Stir in the single cream (half and half), then add the shredded chicken and spinach. Allow the spinach to wilt for a couple of minutes. Adjust the seasoning and serve immediately.