A simple recipe of garlic butter shrimp cooked in the air fryer is buttery, flavorful, and satisfyingly delicious! All you need is a few ingredients alongside fresh garlic and a good quality butter. Then season the shrimp with the ingredients and melted butter, and simply air fry for less than 10 minutes. Air fryer garlic butter shrimp is the perfect weeknight or weekday recipe everyone will swoon over! This garlic butter shrimp is an excellent keto meal with low carbohydrate and high protein.
- 2 Cups Frozen Shrimp (allow to thaw)
- 2½ tablespoons of Butter (salted & melted)
- 2 – 3 fresh garlic
- ½ whole lemon or 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tipping teaspoon
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper (or add to your preference)
- A dash of salt (be mindful with salt if using salted butter)
- 2 tablespoons chopped Cilantro (optional; for garnishing)
- 1 Fresh lime (optional; for garnishing)
- Thaw and Clean the Shrimp. Before you start cooking, let the shrimp thaw completely overnight in the refrigerator. If you need to thaw the shrimp quickly, place the shrimp directly into a bowl of cold water. Thawing them in cold water should take about 25 minutes. Next, proceed to clean/devein the shrimp. Rinse thoroughly with running and pat dry with paper towels and set aside. If using already cleaned and deveined shrimps, skip the second step. Always properly clean your shrimp!
- Gather the Ingredients. Always better to have everything you need for the recipe on sight. Also, ensure that the shrimp is at room temperature. As mentioned earlier, paprika is optional, but I like the color it adds to this garlic butter shrimp recipe!
- Season Your Shrimp. Place clean shrimp into a clean bowl; grate in 2 – 3 cloves or add a teaspoon of minced garlic. Add paprika, garlic powder, a dash of salt, pepper, and chicken bouillon. Melt the butter in the microwave, and sprinkle about one tablespoon and half on the shrimp. Finally, add/squeeze in the lemon juice. While wearing gloves or using a spatula, combine; make sure the seasonings evenly coat all the shrimp. Set aside.
- Air Fry Garlic Butter Shrimp at 375 degrees for 7 – 8 minutes. Set the air fryer to 375 degrees, add 8 minutes, and preheat. The air fryer will make a beeping noise after preheating, and then it will be time to add the seasoned shrimp. First, spray the air fryer basket with the avocado oil spray. Then, place the shrimp in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Do not pack them tightly; spread shrimp out, so they all cook evenly. Air fry the garlic butter shrimp for about 7-8 minutes. You can toss them at the halfway point, but I usually don’t. Shrimp is ready when it turns pink or opaque.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Serving Size 4 oz (1/2 cup)
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 8g 10% | Cholesterol :201.6mg 67%| Sodium :349.5mg 15%| Total Carbohydrate 2.1g 1%|
Dietary Fiber 0.6g 2%| Sugars 0.3g|Protein 23.3g 47%| Vitamin A10%Vitamin C2%Calcium6%Iron5%Magnesium10%Potassium7%Zinc15%Phosphorus20%Vitamin E4%Vitamin K4%