Creamy white lasagna soup is hearty, delicious and super easy to make. Juicy bits of chicken are smothered in a creamy, garlicky broth alongside pasta. It’s a complete meal in a single bowl — if you can stop at one, that is.
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time30 minutes
Total Time40 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 30 g (2 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 450 g (1 lb) chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 large shallot, finely diced
- 200 g (½ lb)closed cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1.25 litres (5 cups) chicken stock
- 300 ml (1 ½ cup) single cream (half and half)
- 150 g (5 oz) lasagne sheet , broken in pieces (or pasta)
- 100 g (3.5 oz) baby spinach
- 100 g (3.5 oz) cream cheese
- 30 g (⅓ cup) grated Parmesan
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large stock pot or oven and melt the butter in it. Add the chicken breast and cook over medium heat for 5-6 minutes until cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pot and set it aside.
- Add the shallow to the pot and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Next, stir in the mushrooms and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes until they reduce in size.
- Stir in the garlic, dried oregano, basil, thyme and red chili flake and continue to cook for another minute until fragrant.
- Add the flour and stir until you get a thick paste. Add a ladle of stock and whisk it in, making sure you have no lumps.
- Pour in the rest of the stock and single cream and bring to a boil. Simmer for 1-2 minutes on low-medium heat, then add the broken lasagna sheets (or pasta). Cook for 10 minutes or until the pasta is cooked through.
- Stir in the spinach and cook for another minute until wilted. Stir in the cream cheese until it melts completely, then add the cooked chicken back to the pot. Next, stir in the grated Parmesan.
- Season to taste and divide into bowls. Serve topped with some extra grated Parmesan and freshly grated black pepper if you like.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 577Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 170mgSodium: 683mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 37g
Nutritional information is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.