Soft cinnamon rolls topped with cream cheese frosting.
Servings 9 Servings Calories per serving 295 kcal
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes
What You Need:
- ▢ 8-inch round cake pan
- ▢ 18 tbsp almond flour (1 cup + 2 tbsp almond flour)
- ▢ 1/3 cup coconut flour
- ▢ 1/4 cup erythritol
- ▢ 3 tbsp golden flax seed meal
- ▢ 2 tsp baking powder
- ▢ 1 tsp xanthan gum
- ▢ 1/2 tsp pink himalayan salt
- ▢ 3 large eggs, room temperature
- ▢ 3 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- ▢ 2 tbsp butter, softened
- ▢ 3 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ▢ 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ▢ 3 tbsp warm water
- ▢ 1/4 cup butter, softened
- ▢ 3 tbsp erythritol
- ▢ 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- ▢ 10 drops liquid stevia
Cream Cheese Frosting
- ▢ 2 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- ▢ 2 tbsp butter, room temperature
- ▢ 2 tbsp powdered erythritol
- ▢ 10 drops liquid stevia
- ▢ 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ▢ 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
US Customary – Metric
- Preheat oven to 400°F and grease an 8-inch round cake pan with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, erythritol, flaxseed, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt.
- Add in the eggs, cream, melted butter, vinegar, vanilla and water into the dry ingredients and whisk well until combined using a hand mixer. Rest for 5 minutes. The dough will be very sticky.
- While the dough rests, mix Cinnamon Filling ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- With oiled hands, shape the dough into a ball. Place the ball between 2 large pieces of parchment paper and roll it into a rectangle to desired thinness. Spread the cinnamon filling onto the dough, leaving a 1-inch margin at the top empty.
- Using the parchment as an aid, roll the dough (towards the empty inch) up into a tight log. Seal the edge with wet fingertips.
- Cut the log crosswise into 9 equal pieces and transfer rolls to the prepared round cake pan.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue baking for another 15-20 minutes until golden brown. If necessary, cover loosely with foil to prevent burning.
- Meanwhile, make the frosting by combining cream cheese, butter and erythritol in a mixing bowl. Use a hand mixer to whip until light and fluffy. Mix in vanilla and stevia; add cream 1 tablespoon at a time until a thick, spreadable icing comes together.
- Cool rolls before spreading frosting on them. Alternatively, you can spread frosting on immediately from the oven if you like more of a glaze.
- Best stored in an air tight container in the fridge up to 7 days or on the counter up to 2 days.
Net Carbs: 5g Serving Size: 1 Cinnamon Roll with Cream Cheese Frosting Yields: 9 Cinnamon Rolls