You’re going to love the flavor of this easy Monterey chicken recipe!
Prep Time: 19 Minutes
Cook Time: 14 Minutes
Servings: 2 Servings
- 2 chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 5 pieces bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup Monterey jack cheese shredded
- 1 tomato chopped
- fresh parsley
- Add the bacon to the air fryer and cook at 370 degrees for 9 minutes. Flip the bacon after that time and then cook for 2 more minutes. (may need to cook longer if it’s not completely cooked) Once the bacon has cooled down after cooking, crumble it up and set it aside to use later.
- Grab the chicken breasts and butterfly them to make four pieces. They need to be about 1/4 inch thick. (If they’re thicker than that, you can use a rolling pin to flatten them out!)
- Season the chicken. Once they’re cut and flat, season the chicken breast with salt and pepper, oil, and seasoning.
- Add the seasoned chicken to the air fryer and cook at 370 degrees for 6 minutes. Flip the chicken once that time has passed and bake for an additional 6 minutes.
- Once the chicken has cooked, add the barbecue sauce to the chicken. (about 1 tablespoon per each piece of chicken) Add the cheese and bacon on top and be sure to divide equally.
- Put the chicken back into the air fryer and bake for another 2 minutes at 360 degrees.
- Sprinkle on parsley and chopped tomatoes – enjoy!
Calories: 490kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 56g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 172mg | Sodium: 891mg | Potassium: 1050mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 838IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 236mg | Iron: 1mg