This air fryer filet mignon is so tender and juicy! The air fryer cooks steak perfectly. This recipe takes only 12 minutes total. The end result is a perfect cooked filet mignon! Great for family dinners, holidays, special occasions and more!
- 1 filet mignon
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp softened butter, or ghee
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- fresh herbs, if desired
First, remove filet mignon from fridge 30 minutes before cooking. This allows the beef to come to room temperature.
Pat steak dry with paper towels. Season generously on both sides with sea salt and pepper.
Place steak in air fryer basket. Air fry at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes for medium rare. If needed, continue cooking to desired temperature.
While steak is cooking, add softened butter and minced garlic to a small bowl. If desired, add in some chopped fresh herbs. Stir to combine.
Finally, remove steak from air fryer. Place on a plate and put butter on top. Allow it to sit for 5 minutes before slicing into.
calories: 411kcal, carbohydrates: 2g, protein: 31g, fat: 49g, saturated fat: 22g, polyunsaturated fat: 2g, monounsaturated fat: 19g, trans fat: 0.5g, cholesterol: 149mg, sodium: 2499mg, potassium: 553mg, fiber: 1g, sugar: 0.03g, vitamin a: 361IU, vitamin c: 0.5mg, calcium: 28mg, iron: 4mg
- Use fresh filet mignon if possible. Fully thaw frozen filets before making this recipe.
- The recommended time and temperature is for 1.5 inch thick filet mignon steak.
- Generously season. Feel free to use Montreal steak seasoning if desired.
- The garlic butter is totally optional, but highly recommended.
- Use a meat thermometer to check internal temperature.
- For rare, temperature is 120 to 130 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Medium rare is between 130 and 135 degrees Fahrenheit.
- For medium, cook between 135 to 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Medium well is 145 to 155 degrees Fahrenheit.
- For well done, cook above 155 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Allow steak to sit on the plate for 5 minutes before slicing into. This locks in the juices.