prep time: 20 MINUTES
cook time: 30 MINUTES
total time: 50 MINUTES
This recipe is gluten free, vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra EasyÂ – 1 HEa and 1 HEb per serving (half a pizza)
- Green/VegetarianÂ -Â 1 HEa and 1 HEb per servingÂ (half a pizza)
- OriginalÂ -Â 1 HEa and 1 HEb per servingÂ (half a pizza)
- WW Smart Points 10 ( for 1/2 pizza)
- Gluten Free – use gluten-free oat
for the crust
- 80g (2.8oz) of porridge oats
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 100g/3.5oz of Fat-Free Greek Yoghurt (must be Greek)
- 1 large egg
- Spray Oil
- 100g/3.5oz of mozzarella, broken into pieces – 2 HEa’s
- fresh parsley or basil, chopped
for the sauce
- 2 cups (480ml) of passata
- 1 cup (240ml) of water
- 2 tbs of tomato paste
- 1 tbs of maple syrup (2 syns) or use sweetener of choice to keep this syn free
- 1 onion, very finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tsps of oregano
- few basil leaves, finely chopped
- Â¼ tsp of onion powder
- Â¼ tsp of garlic powder
- salt and black pepper to season
- spray oil
- Add oats to a mini blender or food processor and pulse until a fine powder.
- Add to a bowl along with the baking powder and pinch of salt and mix
- Add the egg and yoghurt and fold until all combined.
- Set aside for approx 30 mins. (this helps the oats to soak and expand a little)
- Preheat oven to 200c/400f (gas mark 6)
- Cut a sheet of parchment paper, big enough for a 9-inch pizza
- Spray on the parchment paper with spray oil and carefully spoon the dough into an equal ball on to the greased sheet.
- Then spray over the top with more spray oil and then place another sheet of parchment over the top.
- Gently flatten down and then use a rolling pin to roll over the top of the parchment paper until you have a rough 9-inch pizza base. (Do not handle the dough with hands you must use parchment paper)
- Very slowly and carefully, lift off the top parchment paper, you can use a spatula if any areas have stuck to carefully lift off the top sheet of parchment paper.
- Transfer the sheet of parchment paper with the dough to a baking tray. You can neaten up the pizza base with the spatula by pushing it inwards to make it more round.
- Bake for approx 15-20mins until lightly golden and firm.
- Add pizza sauce, mozzarella, fresh parsley or basil and place back in the oven for 10 mins until cheese is melted.
- Slice, serve and enjoy
For the sauce
- Spray a deep frying pan with spray oil
- Add the onion and fry till caramelized and softened
- Add the garlic and fry for a further couple of mins.
- Add the passata, water, tomato paste, maple syrup, oregano, basil, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 40 mins, until sauce reduces down and thickens.
- Season as needed with salt and black pepper.
- This sauce is great for pizza, pasta and all kinds of other delicous dishes.
- Store in a air tight container in the fridge.
- It also freezes well.