Shrimp Fajita Ingredients:
- 1 lb. large or x-large cooked or raw shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1 green pepper, deseeded, sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded, sliced
- 1 red yellow pepper, deseeded, sliced
- 1 orange pepper, deseeded, sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1/2 lime, juiced,optional
Fajita Seasoning Ingredients:
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp paprika or smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp oregano, dried
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- In a small mixing bowl combine all seasonings. Stir until well combined.
- Rinse the cooked shrimp and pull the tails off each shrimp.
- Place shrimp inside of a large zip lock bag. Pour fajita seasonings over the shrimp in the large zip lock bag. Seal bag and shake all ingredients together until the shrimp is well coated.
- Deseed and slice the peppers and onions.
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray the aluminum foil with non stick cooking spray.
- Place the sliced onion and bell peppers onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove vegetables from oven and add the shrimp directly to the sheet pan with the vegetables. Spreading the shrimp out evenly over the all the vegetables.
- Place the baking sheet back in the oven for another 7-10 more minutes if using cooked shrimp. If using raw shrimp-increase the cooking time to 15-20 minutes to ensure they are full cooked.
- Remove from oven. Stir gently to allow the seasoning to combine with vegetables and shrimp.
- Drizzle lime juice over the top, if desired.
- Serve on top of a low point tortilla, over rice, cauliflower rice, or as is.
- You can substitute the shrimp for 1 pound of skinless, boneless chicken tenders for the same point value. Increase the cooking time to 30 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
- These shrimp fajitas can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 5-7 days or in the freezer for up to a month. To thaw-place in the fridge overnight and reheat in the microwave for 2-3 minutes.
- This recipe can be divided into single size serving containers along with 1 cup cauliflower rice or 1 cup frozen Trader Joe’s cauliflower stir fry rice for an easy meal prep meal. Then when you are ready to eat just cook in the microwave for 2-3 minutes. Add non fat plain Greek yogurt or non fat sour cream, avocado or salsa.
SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 174 TOTAL FAT: 0g SATURATED FAT: 0g TRANS FAT: 0g UNSATURATED FAT: 6g CHOLESTEROL: 0mg SODIUM: 252mg CARBOHYDRATES: 5gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 4gFIBER: 1gSUGAR: 3g PROTEIN: 20g