Skip to content
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup soy chorizo
- 4 ears of corn, kernels removed
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and poblano pepper, and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the rice, vegetable broth, and water to the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Simmer the soup for 20-25 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
- Add the soy chorizo, corn kernels, and diced tomatoes to the pot, and simmer for an additional 5 minutes, or until the corn is tender.
- Stir in the cilantro and lime juice, and season the soup with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the soup hot, garnished with additional cilantro if desired.