Homemade mozzarella sticks are easy to make and taste WAY better than what you’d get at a restaurant!
Prep Time: 20 Minutes | Cook Time: 10 Minutes | Total Time: 30 Minutes | Servings: 12
- 12 pieces mozzarella cheese strings
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese finely grated
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes optional, if you want a little heat
- Preheat oven to 400 F or about 200 C. Line a baking cheese with parchment paper (better than foil as cheese can stick to it).
- Beat 2 eggs in a small bowl and set aside
- Place the almond flour, coconut flour, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, salt, garlic powder and red pepper flakes if using, in a zipper lock sandwich bag. Shake bag until blended.
- Dip each mozzarella cheese string/stick into the beaten egg and then put into the sandwich bag. Coat the cheese string by shaking the bag and place on a plate. Freeze for 30 to 60 minutes.
- If baking, place the mozzarella sticks on the baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes until golden brown.
- If frying, heat a small amount of oil (olive preferably) in a small frying pan to about 1/4 an inch deep. Heat oil over a medium heat and pan-fry until golden brown. There’s no need to try and ‘deep fry’ them. Brown on all sides
- Enjoy as is or use a low sugar marinara sauce