Keto Ham and Cheese Quiche & loved by so many! I love this quick & easy recipe and it’s a treat for beginners
yield: 12 | cook time: 20 MINUTES | total time: 20 MINUTES |
Keto Pie Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 egg
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chopped ham
- 1/2 cup asparagus , chopped tough ends removed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine almond flour, salt, butter and cream cheese in a food processor or mixer and mix until it resembles course crumbs.
- Add in one egg and apple cider vinegar (this helps to achieve a crisp, flaky crust) and mix again until well combined.
- Roll the dough into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours to allow the butter time to harden again.
- When ready to use the dough press it into the prepared pan (you can roll the dough, but it is sticky and I find it easier to press the dough into the pan)
- Lightly press the dough into the bottom of a 12-count muffin tin and up the sides.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a second mixing bowl, combine the eggs and heavy cream, whisk until smooth, set aside.
- Add the chopped ham, asparagus and cheese to the muffin tins and pour egg mixture over top until each cavity is 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes until the quiches have set.
This recipe easily makes 12 very full quiche cups. If you prefer to roll your dough a little thinner and use less filling in each quiche cup (about 1/2 full) you can stretch it to 18 quiche cups.