These Cheesy Bell Pepper Keto Nachos are a delicious low carb snack or meal that you’ll completely devour! This recipe uses colorful bell peppers in place of the tortilla chips, making them the ultimate low carb nacho recipe that takes less than 30 minutes to prepare!
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 35 Minutes
Calories: 419 Kcal
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large yellow bell pepper
- 1 large orange bell pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 TB homemade taco seasoning
- ⅔ cup beef broth
- 6 oz shredded yellow cheddar cheese
- 4 oz shredded white cheddar cheese
- freshly chopped cilantro, lettuce, tomatoes, red onions, and sour cream *Optional Toppings
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Wash and dry your bell peppers, then cut into small triangles.
- Place the cut peppers on a baking sheet in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- While the peppers are in the oven, brown the ground beef in a skillet on the stove over medium heat. Drain any excess liquids.
- Next, add taco seasoning and beef broth and bring to a boil. Simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes with the lid off so that the seasoning can infuse with the ground beef.
- Remove the lid and continue simmering until the taco meat reduces and becomes thick. You don’t want it liquidy. It should be nice and thick.
- Spoon the ground beef mixture onto each bell pepper covering from end to end as much as possible.
- Sprinkle the yellow cheddar cheese on top of the ground beef mixture then top with the white cheddar cheese.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven on the top shelf and bake for 5 minutes, then turn the oven to broil and broil for 1-2 minutes until the cheese melts and gets nice and bubbly. (Watch carefully as it can burn quickly!)
- Remove from the oven and top with chopped cilantro, lettuce, sour cream, red onion, jalapenos, and tomatoes.
The nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on dividing the keto nachos into 5 equal-sized servings.
You can use store-bought taco seasoning if you prefer, but if you are following a strict keto diet, make sure to use my homemade taco seasoning recipe above.
Other Topping Options:
- Shredded lettuce
- Chopped tomatoes
- Sliced jalapenos
- Green or red onions
- Freshly chopped cilantro/parsley/chives
- Salsa (sugar-free)
Calories: 419kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 119mg | Sodium: 655mg | Potassium: 557mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 2335IU | Vitamin C: 124mg | Calcium: 425mg | Iron: 3mg