How to Cook Flavorful Instant Pot Spaghetti! Yummy al dente spaghetti soaked in flavorful marinara sauce. Minimal prep, ingredients & clean up. A family favorite weeknight spaghetti Instant Pot meal!
- 1 pound (454g) ground beef (we used regular ground beef for more fat, lean ground beef will also work)
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) olive oil
- 1 pound (454g) spaghetti
- 4 cups (1L) unsalted chicken stock (or water)
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
Simple Marinara Sauce
- 1 large can (28oz) whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 (180g) onion , diced (or 1 teaspoon onion powder)
- 3 cloves (15g) garlic , minced (or ½ teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1.5 teaspoon (1.8g) dried basil
- 1.5 teaspoon (1.2g) dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) regular soy sauce
For Dump-and-Go-Meal: skip the browning, sauteing, and deglazing steps below. Make sure to break the ground beef into smaller chunks, then layer the seasoned ground beef chunks, onions, garlic, dried herbs at the bottom of the pot.
Brown Ground Beef in Instant Pot (Flavor Booster): Heat up Instant Pot using “Sauté More” function. Wait until it says “HOT” (~8 mins). Add 1 tbsp (15ml) olive oil in Instant Pot (ensure the oil is coated over the whole bottom).
Add in 1lb (454g) ground beef, then season generously with salt & ground black pepper. After browning for 5 minutes, discard the ground beef juice. Allow the ground beef to brown. Stir occasionally until they are slightly crisped (~5 – 7 mins). Taste then adjust with more salt & black pepper.
Saute Onion & Herbs: Add in diced onions, minced garlic, 1.5 tsp (1.8g) dried basil, and 1.5 tsp (1.2g) dried oregano, then saute for another 2 minutes.Deglaze Instant Pot: Pour 1 cup (250ml) unsalted chicken stock in Instant Pot, then deglaze by scrubbing all the flavorful brown bits off the bottom with a wooden spoon. Give it a quick mix.
- Pressure Cook Spaghetti: Add in 3 tbsp (45ml) regular soy sauce, 3 cups (750ml) unsalted chicken stock. Break the 1 lb (454g) spaghetti in half, then add spaghetti in Instant Pot.
*Pro Tip: Ensure all spaghetti are soaked in the liquid (not clumped together).
Layer 1 large can (28oz) whole peeled tomatoes or Marinara sauce on top. Do not mix.
With Venting Knob in Venting Position, close the lid, then turn Venting Knob to Sealing Position. Pressure Cook at High Pressure for 3 minutes + Natural Release for 5 minutes. Release remaining pressure, then open the lid.
- Thicken & Season: The spaghetti sauce will look liquidy at first, and the spaghetti is about 85% – 90% cooked. Use the “Saute More” function (press “Cancel” and “Saute”) to bring the content back to a simmer. With a wooden spoon, break down the tomatoes, then stir a few minutes to fully cook the spaghetti and thicken the sauce. Taste and season with roughly 3 – 4 large pinches of salt. Turn off the Instant Pot.
Serve: Garnish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, then serve this yummy spaghetti. Enjoy!~
Notes*Layer Ingredients: To prevent triggering Instant Pot’s sensitive “BURN” notice, it’s important to layer the ingredients in Instant Pot as directed in the recipe.
NutritionCalories: 542kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 614mg | Potassium: 603mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g |
Vitamin A : 10IU | Vitamin C: 3.5mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 3.5mg