An easy and quick dinner to make, this Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi pasta is ready in under 30 minutes and perfect when you are in a rush on busy weeknights!
Servings: 6 Servings
Liquid Measuring Cup
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion Diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 lb Shrimp Medium, Frozen, Deveined
- 1 lb Spaghetti or angel hair pasta
- 1/2 cup White Wine
- 4 cups Broth Chicken broth or vegetable broth
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Chop the fresh garlic and onion into small pieces. Turn on the sauté function and add the butter and olive oil. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Add the white wine and broth to the Instant Pot. Give the ingredients a good stir. Break the pasta in half and add the pasta to the Instant Pot and top the pasta with the frozen shrimp. Season with salt (kosher salt is best) and black pepper.
Cancel the saute function and close the lid of the Instant Pot. Set the cooking time to 3 minutes on high pressure. Natural release the pressure after the cook time is up and then after 4 minutes, quick release the pressure.
Stir all the ingredients together. Add the fresh lemon juice and one tablespoon of lemon zest. Add parmesan cheese and fresh parsley to the top of the pasta in the bowls.
- If you are using angel hair pasta, cut the cooking time to 2 minutes.
- The thicker the pasta the longer it will take to cook.
- Medium to large shrimp are best so they are not too small.
- If you only have fresh shrimp on hand, do not cook them under pressure. Once you cook the pasta and release the pressure, turn on saute mode and add the shrimp. Cook for 2 minutes and serve.
Calories: 470kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0.2g | Cholesterol: 137mg | Sodium: 768mg | Potassium: 417mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 509IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 2mg