Instant Pot Egg Bites are an easy grab-and-go breakfast that you can make in 30 minutes with your pressure cooker. These are great for Instant Pot Meal Planning! A great copycat version of Starbucks sous vide egg bites that are perfectly fluffy and delicious.
Servings: 7 pieces
Silicone Egg Bite Tray
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup green onions, green peppers, mushrooms diced and sliced, small
- 2 slices deli ham diced and sliced, small
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder, ground mustard, and seasoned salt to taste
- 1/8 tsp hot sauce
Whisk the eggs, cottage cheese, hot sauce, seasonings, and shredded cheese together.
Add vegetables, ham, and seasonings to egg mixture. Combine well.
Pour egg mixture into greased silicone mold. Add the minimum amount of water to your Instant Pot for your model. Set in instant pot on rack. Place silicone egg bite mold inside on rack.
Cook on high pressure for 10-minutes then follow with a 5-minute natural pressure release.
The previous directions for this post used the steam function to cook them. If your model’s steam function utilizes pressure to cook then you can follow these directions if you like. If not then the eggs will not cook all the way. Set your instant pot to the ‘Steam’ setting on high pressure for 8-minutes followed with a 10-minute natural pressure release.
Set on a wire rack to cool, and then remove from the mold. Allow to cool then place in airtight container or storage bag.
Store for up to one week in an airtight container
This recipe can be doubled with the same cook time. The eggs will puff up as they cook then deflate when they cool. Be sure to leave a ¼-inch of space at the top if cooking with two molds at one time. You can cover your trays if you want with foil or parchment paper. I do not cover them when they cook since they puff up. Do not use the plastic lid that came with your silicone molds as they are intended for storage and not cooking.
If your egg bites are not cooked all the way you can put them back in the pressure cooker to finish for another minute or two.
Some fun variations for this recipe.
- Omelette bites – put your favorite omelette toppings, cheeses, and meat for a bite-sized, portable omelette.
- Veggie bites – mix it up with spinach, mushroom, roasted red peppers, olives, and summer squash.
- Cheese lovers – combine a bunch of your favorite cheeses like feta, Swiss, crumbled goat cheese, or Colby Jack.
- Tex-mex – add in some chorizo, jalapeno, and pepper jack cheese for an egg bite with a kick.
- Breakfast pizza – make it fun for the kids with some chopped pepperoni, mozzarella, and tomato. Or dip in ketchup or marinara sauce.
Serving: 1piece | Calories: 103.7kcal | Carbohydrates: 1.04g | Protein: 8.61g | Fat: 7.06g | Saturated Fat: 3.23g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.72g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2.43g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Cholesterol: 109.52mg | Sodium: 237.44mg | Potassium: 90.5mg | Fiber: 0.09g | Sugar: 0.66g | Vitamin A: 257.45IU | Vitamin C: 4.33mg | Calcium: 85.82mg | Iron: 0.59mg