- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper, (I mix green and orange)
- 2 pounds chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 (32 ounce) carton chicken broth
- 1/2 cup low carb ranch dressing, room temperature
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
Set the Instant Pot to the sauté mode. Sauté the celery, bell pepper and garlic in the butter.
Add the chicken breast, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder and chicken broth.
Place the lid on the instant pot, seal the pressure valve and set the pressure cooker to 20 minutes.
Allow the pressure to naturally release for 5-10 minutes, then manually release the rest then remove the lid.
Remove the chicken and shred it, set aside.
While the chicken is out of the pot add the buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, cream cheese and shredded cheddar. Whisk the mixture until it is completely smooth. This may take 1-2 minutes of vigerious stirring.
Then add the chicken back to the soup.
Top with chopped green onions, cheese and additional buffalo sauce if desired.
It is important that the cream cheese and ranch dressing are room temperature so they do not curdle and mix smoothly into the soup.
SLOW COOKER: If you do not wish to saute your celery, garlic and bell pepper you can skip the first ingredient, which is butter.
SLOW COOKER DIRECTIONS
- Place the garlic, celery, bell pepper, chicken breast, spices and chicken broth in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Remove the chicken and shred.
- Add the cream cheese, buffalo sauce, ranch dressing and shredded cheddar. Whisk vigerously until smooth. Add the chicken back to the soup.
1 1/2 cups
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 428 |TOTAL FAT: 28.8g | CHOLESTEROL: 143.5 mg | SODIUM: 883.6mg | CARBOHYDRATES: 5.6g | NET CARBOHYDRATES: 4.7g | FIBER: 0.9g | SUGAR: 3.3g | PROTEIN: 35.3g |