Easy Instant Pot Wild Rice Soup Recipe – Creamy & Lighter
This Instant Pot Wild Rice Soup is so creamy, delicious & easy to make. It is an excellent way to have a meal in a soup. It is a glutenfree, & lighter version and can be easily veganized.
Instant Pot 6 quart or Mealthy Multipot
Measuring Spoons, Measuring Cups, Stirring Spoon,
Chopping board and knife
- 1 cup Wild Rice Mix
- 1 pack/32 ounce or 4 cups Vegetable Stock Low Sodium
- 1 cup Milk use plant-based milk for vegan option
- 2 tbsp Corn Starch
- 1/2 cup White Onion finely chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 1 small piece Ginger (optional) finely chopped
- 2 stalks Celery cut into chunky pieces
- 2 medium Carrots cut into chunky pieces
- 1 small Zucchini cut into chunky pieces
- 1 large Potato, yellow cut into chunky pieces
- 10 Baby Portobella Mushrooms quartered or thickly sliced
- 1 cup Kale chopped
Oil & Spices
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil or Olive Oil
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1/2 tsp Rosemary, dry
- 1/2 tsp Oregano, dry
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder. optional
- 1 tsp Salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika, optional to add slight kick
This is a very simple recipe with only a few steps. And can be made easily in instant pot Gather all the ingredients.
Wash & Soak the wild rice mix till ready to use. Meanwhile, work on the vegetables. Wash all the vegetables and set aside.
Chopping the Vegetables – It is an important step. Make sure that you chop big pieces of the vegetables. Since wild rice takes a longer time to cook, chunkier pieces of vegetables will retain their shape during the time.
Insert the inner pot inside the Instant Pot and plug it in. Press SAUTE MODE and set it on HIGH. Once the screen displays HOT, add cooking oil to it. After few seconds add a Bay Leaf to it. Wait for few seconds and then add onion, garlic & ginger, celery, and carrots. Saute for 2 minutes.
Now add the Soaked Wild Rice + rest of the vegetables. Hold the Kale back to add later. Add Salt & Black Pepper, paprika (if you are using it) + Vegetable Stock. Stir well with a spoon.
Place the lid and close it with SAFETY VALVE to SEALING. Press PRESSURE COOK/MANUAL MODE and set it t0 High for 25 minutes.
Once the timer goes off, follow NPR (natural pressure release). Meanwhile, Prepare the slurry with corn starch and milk. Mix them well.
Open the lid and add this slurry to it. Cook on saute mode for 5 more minutes till it thickens slightly. Add chopped kale and let sit for few minutes. Hot Wild Rice Soup is ready in IP. Serve it with some crusty bread.
Stove Top Instructions
You can make it on the stovetop easily. Make it in a heavy bottom saucepan. Follow the steps as mentioned above. The broth quantity will be doubled for stovetop. Bring it to a boil and then cook it on low heat till rice is cooked well.
- It refrigerates well for a week.
- If it thickens while refrigerated, warm it up with more vegetable stock/water. Adjust salt & pepper.
- You can make it VEGAN by substituting regular milk with Plant-based milk.
- To make it more creamy, you may add heavy cream to it.
- To make it lighter, you can skip the corn starch slurry.
Serving: 6Servings | Calories: 63kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 50mg | Potassium: 287mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 4679IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 85mg | Iron: 1mg