This creamy garlic Tuscan shrimp recipe with sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, and basil is rich, decadent, and ready in about 15 minutes!
1 pound shrimp (I used 31-40 count size) thawed & peeled
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon flour
4–5 cloves garlic minced
1 cup heavy/whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped or julienned
1–2 cups (packed) fresh baby spinach
- Melt the butter over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add the flour and cook for about a minute, stirring until smooth.
- Add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Stir in the cream, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, and sun-dried tomatoes. Simmer for 2 minutes. Reduce heat if it’s bubbling too much.
- Add the shrimp and cook for around 5 minutes or until they’re cooked through and the sauce is slightly thickened, taking care not to overcook them.
- Add the spinach and basil and cook for another 2 minutes. Season with salt & pepper as needed. Serve immediately. I like to squeeze extra lemon juice over top when serving (up to you). You could also grate some fresh parmesan over top if you wish.
- I used sun-dried tomatoes that were packed in oil (I drained the oil). Feel free to use more or less than suggested.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.