Corn Chowder Instant Pot Recipe
You are going to love this Creamy and Yummy Corn Chowder Instant Pot Recipe. It is a lighter version of Panera Bread Style Summer Corn Chowder and so easy to make.
- 3 Large Corns or 3 cups corn kernels Best if used fresh. Frozen can be used as well.
- 1/2 cup Onion finely chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup Red Bell Peppers finely chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup Green Bell Peppers finely chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup Potato, russett finely chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 Jalapeno finely chopped. De-seed it for less spicy
- 4 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 5 cups Water
- 1 Tbsp butter use oil for vegan recipe
- 2 tsp or to taste salt
- 1/2 tsp or to taste black pepper powder freshly grounded preferred
- 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour use gluten-free flour if required
- 1 cup MIlk I used 2% milk. You may use heavy cream or half & half for richer recipe
- 1-2 Tbsp Green part of the Scallions/Green Onions
- Sprinkle of Smoked Paprika as Garnish
Gather all your ingredients. Place the inner pot inside the 6 quart instant pot and plug it in. Once the screen displays HOT, add Butter in it. Once the butter starts melting, add garlic, jalapeno, and onions to the butter. Saute for 2 minutes till onion becomes slightly soft.
Now add red and green bell peppers. Give it a good stir. Cook for 1 minute. Add cut potatoes and corn to the pot. Give another good stir. Add 5 cups water + salt + black pepper to it. Give another good stir.
Cancel SAUTE MODE.
PRESSURE COOK / MANUAL MODE
Place the Lid on the Instant Pot. Set the FLOATING VALVE to SEALING. Set the Manual / Pressure Cook Mode on MORE & HIGH PRESSURE for 3 MINUTES.
Once the timer goes off, follow QPR (quick pressure release manually). Once the safety valve drops down, carefully open the lid of Instant Pot.
Take a hand blender and blitz through the soup 3-4 times. We do not want a mushy soup/chowder. Blend only a little bit so that it adds a little volume to the chowder.
SAUTE MODE AGAIN
Take a cup and add all purpose flour and milk together to make a smooth paste or slurry. Make sure there is no lump in it.
Press the Saute mode and set on high for 5 Minutes. Let the chowder thicken for 5 minutes. Stir often to avoid burning at the bottom. Your CORN CHOWDER in Instant Pot is ready.
Add garnish and serve it warm
STOVE TOP INSTRUCTIONS
Take a sauce pan for this recipe. Follow the instructions from SAUTE MODE above as is. After adding water, bring it to a boil. Then cover and cook on medium to low heat till potatoes are soft in texture. You might have to use more water in stove top method. Now add the all purpose flour + milk mixture as well at the same time to the pan. Cook further for 5-7 minutes till it thickens to chowder consistency.
You may make Corn Chowder in pressure cooker as well. Follow steps from saute mode as is. Then pressure cook for 1 whistle or the first time the weight f cooker goes off. Quickly remove the pressure manually. Open the cooker lid and add all purpose flour and milk mixture. Cook further uncovered on medium heat for 5-7 minutes, till it thickens to chowder consistency.