This Air Fryer Quesadilla recipe is low effort, quick, and delicious. Choose your own stuffing’s, or follow this recipe to make an easy spinach and feta Greek quesadilla. In only 5 minutes, the air fryer cooks quesadillas to cheesy, crispy perfection
And if you love your air fryer as much as I do, make sure to try these simple recipes next
- PREP TIME: 3 minutes
- COOK TIME: 5 minutes
- TOTAL TIME: 8 minutes
- SERVINGS: 3 quesadillas
- CALORIES: 541 kcal
- 3 large tortillas
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- ⅓ cup diced red onion
- 1 cup diced tomato (grape/cherry tomatoes work best for a sweeter taste, or plum tomatoes)
- ½ cup feta cheese
- pepper, to taste
- Cut the tortillas in half (keep whole for larger baskets). On one side, layer with mozzarella, spinach, red onion, tomato, feta, and more mozzarella. Season with a little pepper. (Or, layer with your favorite combination of cheese, vegetables, and quesadilla fillings)
- Fold in half again. Insert a toothpick into the tip to secure.
- Spray the air fryer basket with oil. Place as many quesadillas as fit into the basket (it’s okay if they slightly overlap). Spray the tops lightly with oil. You may need to cook them in batches, depending on how big the basket is.
- Set the air fryer to 375° for 5 minutes. Remove toothpicks and flip halfway through. If tortillas are not browned to your liking after 5 minutes, continue to air fry in 1 minute increments.
- Remove from the basket using tongs and let cool before serving
- If making multiple batches, they may cook quicker with each one. Check on the quesadillas a few minutes in and reduce time if needed. Use your favorite fillings instead of the Greek quesadilla filling
- Sometimes the air flow can cause the tortilla to open in the beginning. Use a toothpick to hold the tortilla together to avoid this. You can also check on them a few minutes in and press down with a spatula to secure.
- Spray the tortilla lightly with cooking oil to obtain a crispy shell, but not one that burns.
- You may need to cut the quesadilla in half before cooking, depending on how big your air fryer basket is. With my Instant Pot Duo Crisp, I have to cut a large tortilla in half and fit them in with one side overlapping slightly (see picture above).
- Always flip the quesadilla half way through, or when the air fryer alerts you to “turn food”. Gently scrape under the tortilla with a spatula while using tongs to hold it together and flip. It’s easier to flip the tortillas if they are cut before air frying, like I mentioned in my previous tip.
- If making multiple batches, they may cook quicker with each one. Check on the quesadillas a few minutes in and reduce time if needed.
- Use any fillings for your favorite quesadillas, but never use raw meat
- Calories: 541kcal
- Carbohydrates: 55g
- Protein: 28g
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated Fat: 13g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Sodium: 1402mg
- Potassium: 508mg
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 9g
- Vitamin A: 2458IU
- Vitamin C: 16mg
- Calcium: 751mg
- Iron: 4mg