Cook the most delicious and comforting cheesy pasta bake in a fraction of the time in your air fryer. This pasta casserole is easy to adapt to suit your tastes and is ready to serve in less than 25 minutes for a hearty and filling family dinner.
Servings: 2 servings
- 1 tablespoon oil (for cooking)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces ground turkey (or any other ground meat) (225g)
- 6 ounces pasta (I used rigatoni) (170g)
- 1 cup pasta sauce (I used marinara) (235ml)
- ¼ cup shredded cheese (4 tablespoons)
Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside. While the pasta is cooking, you can prep the rest of the dish.
Heat the oil in a skillet on a medium high heat.
Once hot, add the onions and bell pepper and cook til soft. Add in the ground turkey, season with salt and pepper and cook til browned.
Stir in the pasta sauce and cooked pasta and toss to coat. Take off of the heat.
Pre heat the air fryer to 360F.
Transfer the sauce and pasta to an oven proof baking dish that will fit in your air fryer. Top with the shredded cheese.
Cook the pasta in the air fryer for 7 to 9 minutes til the cheese has melted and the sauce is bubbling. Timings may vary slightly depending on your model of air fryer.
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water. Cook it al dente as it will continue to cook once it is drained as well as in the air fryer.
- Dice the vegetables fairly small so that they cook quickly and combine well with the other ingredients.
- If making ahead of time, let cool fully before storing.
- Nutritional values are based on one of two servings and are an estimate only.
- This pasta bake is cooked in a 7.5 inch Staub casserole dish
- Ingredients are easily substituted to make this dish your own. Check the post for meat, vegetable, pasta and seasoning swaps.
Calories: 659kcal | Carbohydrates: 79g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 95mg | Sodium: 832mg | Potassium: 1053mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 2572IU | Vitamin C: 89mg | Calcium: 145mg | Iron: 4mg