Did you know you can make pasta from scratch in the Air Fryer? This incredibly easy recipe for one pot pasta is made entirely in the air fryer from start to finish and the result is saucy, cheesy pasta that’s one of the easiest dinner recipes you’ll come across. Sooo good!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- ½ Tablespoon Butter melted
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Chilli Flakes
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano Seasoning
- 6 Cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 1 Capsicum cut into 2 inch sticks
- 150 Gram Mushroom quartered
- 150 Grams Raw Fusilli Pasta
- 300 Grams Red Pasta Sauce
- 250 Grams Water
- ½ Cup Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Basil Leaves
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper freshly ground
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
Add butter, oil, chilli flakes, oregano seasoning, garlic, capsicum, mushroom, raw pasta, red pasta sauce, salt, pepper and sugar to a 7-inch round pan and mix. Ensure the pan is Air Fryer friendly, I’ve used a glass pan.
Add water and mix lightly. Ensure the pasta is submerged under the water.
Wrap the pan with aluminium foil, and cover the base as well so it is more secure. Covering only the rim with foil might cause it to come off in the air fryer.
Bake at 180C for 45 minutes. Uncover the foil, and mix well. If the pasta feels dry, add 2-3 tablespoons of water and mix. Sprinkle cheese and chopped basil on top and bake at 200C for 3-4 minutes or until the cheese melts. Serve immediately!
If you want to store it for later, cover it with cling film and refrigerate. Bring it back to room temperature and melt the cheese right before serving.
- Before baking, make sure that the pasta is fully submerged in the water sauce mixture.
- If the pasta feels dry after baking, add 2-3 tablespoons of water and mix through before baking again with the cheese topping.
- If you want to store the pasta for later, wrap the dish with cling film and refrigerate. When it’s time to serve, bring the dish back to room temperature and melt the cheese with a final bake.