These cookies melt in your mouth as you eat them. They are just 3 ingredients and don’t contain any flour or eggs.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1/4 cup (56 g) salted butter softened
- 1/4 cup (59 ml) full fat sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp (105 g) cornstarch
Preheat Air Fryer to 350°F (177°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
In a mixing bowl, mix together softened butter and condensed milk until butter is completely incorporated and your mixture is smooth.
Add in 3/4 cup of cornstarch (reserving the last 2 tbsp). Mix in the cornstarch until a soft dough forms. If your dough is too sticky, add in 1 tbsp of cornstarch and stir only until the cornstarch is incorporated. If the dough is still too sticky, add in the remaining cornstarch. Your dough should be soft but not too sticky to work with. If it’s still too sticky, you can add more cornstarch until it’s no longer sticky but the more you add, the more powdery and crumbly your cookies will taste.
Measure out 1/2 tbsp of dough and roll into a ball between the palm of your hands. Place onto prepared cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, spacing cookies at least one inch apart. Press down very lightly on each dough ball with the palm of your hand, so that it forms a thick round disk. Your disks should be quite thick (about 7/16 inch) because the cookies spread during baking.
Bake cookies for about 08-10 minutes or until the edges turn lightly brown. Let cookies cool before serving. If desired, you can dust the tops with powdered sugar.
- Make sure the butter is soft before using it. If bringing it to room temperature isn’t enough, you can heat in the microwave for a few seconds. Be careful to only soften the butter as you don’t want it to turn liquid at all.
- These cookies are a cross between classic meltaway cookies and Brazilian cornstarch cookies (Sequilhos), which I explain more about in the post. The ingredients are the same as Brazilian cornstarch cookies but I do use less cornstarch so that they taste a little more like meltaway cookies.
- I don’t recommend making the cookies bigger than 1/2 tbsp because they do spread during baking and larger cookies will spread out more.
- The cookies are lightly sweet. If you prefer them sweeter, you can dust or roll them in powdered sugar.
Serving: 1cookie, Calories: 41kcal, Carbohydrates: 5g, Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 16mg, Fiber: 0.3g, Sugar: 2g, NET CARBS: 5g