These air fryer mashed potato balls are one delicious side dish. Wonderfully crispy on the outside and creamy and soft on the inside.
- Roasted Turmeric Potatoes
- Garlic Parmesan Potato Stacks
- Individual Potato Gratin
- Parmesan Crusted Roasted Potatoes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 12 mashed potato balls
- 4 cups mashed potato (1kg)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (120g)
- 5 green onions
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup flour (70g)
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (50g)
Mix the mashed potato, cheese and green onion together in a bowl.
Scoop the mashed potato (about 2 tablespoons) and roll into balls. Place on a parchment lined baking tin.
Beat together the eggs in one bowl, add the flour to another and the panko to a third.
One by one, dip each mashed potato ball into the flour, then the egg and finally coat with the breadcrumbs.
Preheat the air fryer to 375F.
Oil the air fryer basket and place in the balls in an even layer and not touching (you will have to cook in batches). Spray the tops of the balls with a little more oil.
Cook at 375F for 10 to 15 minutes til golden brown and crispy. Gently turn them halfway through cooking.
- If making the mashed potato fresh for this recipe, let it cool for 30 minutes so that it is easy to handle.
- Spray the air fryer basket with oil, and the mashed potato balls when they go in. This will help them not to stick and they’ll get nice and golden brown. If you don’t have an oil spray, you can wipe oil in the basket, and then pour a little oil in your hands to coat the balls.
- For best results pre heat the air fryer. If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheat setting, let it run at 275F for 5 minutes before placing them in.
- Cook the balls in a single layer in the air fryer basket, you will need to cook them in a couple of batches. You can keep the cooked balls in a warm oven til ready to serve.
Calories: 160kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 130mg | Potassium: 266mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 186IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 1mg