Thai Red Curry chicken soup recipe
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, diced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 can (13.5 oz) coconut milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to tasteInstructions:
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and curry paste and stir for about 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Pour in the coconut milk, chicken broth, and bring to a boil.
- Add the carrots, bell pepper, mushrooms, fish sauce, brown sugar, and ginger. Reduce heat and simmer for about 10-15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the cilantro leaves and lime juice.
- Serve hot and garnish with additional cilantro leaves, if desired.
Note: You can also add other vegetables like bok choy, broccoli or snow peas, or tofu if you want to make it more filling.