This Instant Pot vegetable soup with beans is ready in just 30 minutes and will warm you up to the core. Loaded with veggies and beans, this vegan soup is super nutritious and can be on your table in no time thanks to the magic of pressure cooking.
PREP TIME: 10 minutes | COOK TIME: 20 minutes | TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes |
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 100 g (3.5 oz) green beans, halved
- 1 medium courgette (zucchini), diced
- 350 g (12.3 oz) baby potatoes, quartered
- 1 x 400 g (14 oz) can borlotti beans, drained and rinsed
- 1.25 litre (5 cups) vegetable stock
- Freshly chopped parsley, a handful
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Set the Instant Pot to “Sauté” and add the olive oil. When the oil is heated, add the onion and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes until slightly softened.
- Next, stir in the tomato paste, Italian seasoning and red chili flakes and continue to cook for another minute. Turn off the “Sauté” mode.
- Add the carrot, celery, bell pepper, green beans, courgetti, baby potatoes and beans to the Pot. Pour the vegetable stock on top of the veggies and stir to combine.
- Lock the lid and set the Instant Pot at high pressure for 10 minutes. When finished, perform a quick release by carefully turning the steam valve to “Venting”.
- Stir the soup, then add the fresh parsley and season to taste.
- Serve with your favorite crusty bread, garnished with some extra fresh parsley if you like.
YIELD: 4 | SERVING SIZE: 1 |
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 283 TOTAL FAT: 5g SATURATED FAT: 1g TRANS FAT: 0g UNSATURATED FAT: 3g CHOLESTEROL: 0mg SODIUM: 1349 mg CARBOHYDRATES: 56g FIBER: 10g SUGAR: 17g PROTEIN: 11g
Nutritional information is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.