- 1 lb extra-lean ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp each salt & pepper
- 2 cups water, divided
- 12 lasagna noodles, broken up
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 1 (680mL) jar marinara sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- Set Instant Pot to saute mode and wait for it to heat up. Once hot, add ground beef, onion, garlic and salt & pepper, sauteeing for 5 minutes until browned. Turn off saute mode.
- Remove two-thirds of the ground beef mixture and set aside in a bowl. Add 1 cup water to bottom of the pot, then layer in 4 lasagna noodles. Top with half the ricotta cheese, half the spinach and another third of the ground beef mixture.
- Pour in half of the jar of marinara sauce, then top with another layer of lasagna noodles. Repeat with the remaining ricotta cheese, remaining spinach and the final third of ground beef mixture. Top a final layer of lasagna noodles and pour the rest of the jar of marinara sauce and the remaining cup of water overtop.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and make sure valve is set to seal. Press the pressure cook button and set to high, then pressure cook for 5 minutes. The Instant Pot will take about 5-10 minutes to come to pressure, then notify you it’s done by beeping. Press the Cancel button then do a quick release of the pressure on the Instant Pot by flicking the switch at the top with a spoon. Open the lid when pressure gauge has dropped and the lid opens easily.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese overtop and close lid to melt cheese for 2 minutes. Cut lasagna into slices, then serve and enjoy!
Store the leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days. Sprinkle some water over top then microwave for 2-3 minutes.
Freeze this lasagna for up to 3 months. Defrost in the fridge overnight or microwave from frozen for 6-7 minutes.