Chicken Cheese Balls are the best cheese loaded snacks for any fun party. Serve them with your favorite creamy, herby dip or sauce and you will never get back to those frozen cheese balls. Learn how to make incredible cheese balls at home.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- ▢500 gram ground chicken
- ▢1 egg yolk
- ▢1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- ▢1 tablespoon chopped spring onion greens
- ▢1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- ▢1 teaspoon Italian herb mix
- ▢½ teaspoon black pepper
- ▢Salt to taste
- ▢1 tablespoon grated garlic
- ▢1 tablespoon all-purpose flour (maida)
- ▢Oil for deep-frying
Ingredients For Stuffing:
- ▢mozzarella cheese cut into small cubes
Ingredients For Coating:
- ▢1 Cup corn flour (corn starch)
- ▢1 egg white
- ▢1 Cup bread crumbs
- Combine chicken, egg yolk, spring onion, coriander, chilli flakes, herb mix, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix nicely.
- Next, add the flour and once again mix the batter.
- Place one piece of the cheese in the centre of the disc and cover it with the chicken batter. Shape the disc into a round ball. Set aside. Similarly, shape all the chicken balls.
- Keep the shaped cheese balls in the fridge while you heat oil.
- Heat oil in a deep-frying pan over medium-high flame.
- Arrange coating ingredients – corn flour, egg white and breadcrumbs near the gas stove.
- Coat cheese ball first with corn flour, dip in egg white and then coat in breadcrumbs. Now deep-fry it in the pre-heated oil. Similarly, follow the coating steps for all the meatballs and deep fry.
- Deep-fry the chicken balls till they are golden and crisp from the outside. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Serve chicken cheese balls immediately with your favourite dip or sauce.
- I have used a readymade package of ground chicken for this recipe. You can pulse two chicken breast in the food processor to make ground chicken for cheese balls.
- Before deep-frying makes sure the oil is heated to the right temperature. Else, chicken balls might not turn crisp.
- If you are not deep-frying the chicken balls immediately keep them in the fridge until required.
Calories: 220kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 150mg | Potassium: 379mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 122IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 2mg