- 4 cups shredded hash browns, thawed
- 3 cups small-chopped broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 cups gluten-free chicken broth
- 4oz Arla Herbs & Spices cream cheese
- 1 cup milk (2% fat or higher)
- 8oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese, plus more for topping
- salt an pepper
- To a 6-quart crock pot add hash browns, broccoli, carrots, shallot and chicken broth then stir to combine, cover, and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until broccoli is very tender.
- To a blender add Arla Herbs & Spices cream cheese, milk, and roughly 1/3 of the cooked vegetables. Blend until very creamy then stir back into the crock pot, cover, and cook on low for 10 minutes. NOTE: may need to blend in batches if your blender is small.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese into soup about 1/2 cup at a time, stirring until cheese is completely melted before adding another batch. Add salt and pepper to taste then serve.
- You can use pre-shredded carrots which I roughly chopped before adding to the crock pot.