Hubby has been wanting to try BBQ Shotgun Shells. So we gave it a try in our Ninja Foodi 15-in-1 Air Fryer. They turned out awesome!! Super easy to make and full of flavor. Think he approved of them.
· 1 lb Italian sausage
· 1 cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
· 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
· 1 finely chopped jalapeño
· 14-15 Manicotti shells uncooked
· 14-15 slices thick bacon
· 1 cup barbeque sauce
1. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the sausage, cheese, onion and jalapeño. Mix with your hands until well-incorporated.
2. Lay out your uncooked manicotti shells and stuff each one full of the meat mixture.
3. Once they are stuffed, wrap each manicotti shell in a slice of bacon
4. Place the shotgun shells in the bottom of the air fryer basket. Try to leave a little space
5. Air fry the shells for 20 minutes on 325 degrees. Using tongs, flip them after 10 minutes. Brush each one with barbecue sauce and let them cook for 3 minutes. Flip and brush the other side and air fry for another 3 minutes.