Asparagus Stuffed Chicken
This Asparagus Stuffed Chicken is loaded with two kinds of cheese, tender asparagus and is rubbed with an Italian herb mix. This one pan, low carb recipe has about 2 net carbs per serving and is ready in 30 minutes.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 4 chicken breast, small to medium size
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 12 asparagus spears, tough ends removed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, shredded cheese and minced garlic, set aside. Prepare the asparagus by removing the tough ends.
- Butterfly the chicken so it opens like a book. Spread the cheese mixture on the bottom part of the chicken, top with the asparagus spears, fold the top of the chicken over the filling and secure with a toothpick. (see pictures for example)
- Combine the spices together to make a rub. Rub the outside of the chicken with the Italian seasoning mixture.
- Heat an oven safe skillet to medium heat and melt the butter in the skillet. Sear the chicken in the pan 2-3 minutes on each side and place in the oven for 20 minutes at 350 degree F, or until cooked through.
- Allow the chicken to rest at least 5 minutes before cutting.
Gruyere has amazing flavor, but you can sub this for a good parmesan or asiago if you prefer.
Amount per serving: Calories: 349 | Total Fat: 22.5g | Cholesterol: 125mg | Sodium: 873mg | Total Carb: 2.6g | Net Carb: 2.2g | Fiber: 0.4g | Sugar: 1.3g | Protein: 33g |