Poached eggs in air fryer are easy and mess free to do. A great substitute for stove top cooking.
COOK TIME: 9 mins
TOTAL TIME: 9 mins
CALORIES: 69 kcal
- 4 eggs or as many as you need
- ½ tsp. Olive oil for spraying or brushing the ramekins
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Pepper
- ½ tsp. Parsley chopped optional
Heat 1 cup water in microwave for about 2 minutes till it is really hot. We need about a cup of water depending upon how many eggs you are planning to cook at one go.
Take ramekins and gently spray them on the bottom with oil. Place 4 ramekins or as many will fit in your air fryer and preheat air fryer at 390F or 200C for 5 minutes.
Be very careful while handling the ramekins now. I put in the cracked egg in the ramekin while it is still in the air fryer basket.
Then add 2-3 tbsp. of hot water on top of each cracked egg.
You will see that the white of the egg starts coagulating right away.
Carefully, place the air fryer basket back in.
Air fry at 180C or 360F for 4-5 minutes till the whites are set and the yolks stay runny.
If you like slightly cooked yolks, you can air fry for a minute more.
Again, depending upon your air fryer, your time may vary slightly.
Keep an eye on the air frying time after 4 minutes.
While taking out the ramekin, be very careful as they will be hot.
Handle using gloves. Use spatula to gently dislodge the egg if it feels stuck to the base.
Take it out and plate it. Sprinkle salt and pepper along with some finely chopped parsley. Enjoy.
I could make a batch of 4 poached eggs at one go in my air fryer.
NOTES1. I used eggs at room temperature. If yours are right from the fridge, you may take a minute more.2. Silicone moulds do not work for this recipe. I tried and the eggs did not cook as expected.
3. If you forget to preheat your air fryer, do not worry. You can just increase the air frying time be a couple of minutes.
4. Large eggs take slightly longer to cook. I have shared the recipe for medium eggs.
5. These poached eggs are best eaten fresh. They really can’t be stored and reheated. Take them out of the ramekins as soon as you take them out of the air fryer basket. They continue to cook and may get overcooked if left inside hot ramekins for longer.
NUTRITIONCalories: 69kcal Carbohydrates: 1g Protein: 6g Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 1g Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g Monounsaturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0.02g Cholesterol: 164mg Sodium: 182mg Potassium: 68mg Fiber: 0.1g Sugar: 0.2g Vitamin A: 291IU Vitamin C: 1mg Calcium: 27mg Iron: 1mg