A fun way to serve cauliflower, these Air fryer cauliflower steaks are perfectly tender with crispy edges. They are vegan, low-carb, gluten-free, and make a perfect appetizer or side dish.
PREP TIME: 5 mins
COOK TIME: 15 mins
TOTAL TIME: 20 mins
CALORIES: 264 kcal
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- lemon wedges to serve
- grated parmesan cheese
- Remove the outer leaves of cauliflower with a sharp knife. Cut the cauliflower in half. Cut each half into 1-inch thick slices.
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil with garlic powder, turmeric powder, paprika, salt, black pepper, and chopped parsley. Brush the marinade all over the steak.
- Preheat Air fryer to 375˚F for 3 minutes. Place the cut cauliflower steak on the Air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Cook cauliflower for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown, crispy on the edges and fork-tender. Flip and cook for another minute or two if you want the other side browned. If the cauliflower looks dry, brush with more oil. Brown the cauliflower steaks for a few extra minutes for a charred exterior. Serve warm with lemon wedges and a sprinkle of grated parmesan cheese.
- Store – leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for 3 to 4 days.
- Reheat – in the air fryer at 350F for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Seasoning Ideas –
- Add 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese to the marinade
- Sprinkle grated cheddar cheese at the end of cooking
- Add 1 tablespoon cajun, taco, or fajita seasoning
- Add 1 tablespoon lime juice or lemon juice to the marinade
- Save extra cauliflower florets for air frying, making rice or in soups and curries.
NUTRITIONCalories: 264 kcal Total Carbs: 16 g Protein: 6 g Fat: 22 g Saturated Fat: 3 g Sodium: 670 mg Fiber: 6 g Sugar: 6 g Vitamin A: 169 IU Vitamin C: 142 mg Calcium: 73 mg Iron: 2 mg Net Carbs: 10 g