The key to this perfectly simple Stuffed Cabbage Rolls is keeping the thick-ness of the Tomato Sauce even.
- Tomato Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 can (20 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
- ½ finely onion (chopped)
- 1 can (10 oz) tomato sauce
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Worcheshire sauce
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 C Jasmine rice (cooked)
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 ⅓ Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ¼ tsp dried Italian herbs
- ¼ C dried parsley
- 1 large egg
- 1 head cabbage
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ tsp paprika
Tomato Sauce Directions:
- Add olive oil to a large pot heating to medium.
- Continue to heat until the oil is hot.
- Add the onion, cooking until the onions are translucent. (2-3 minutes)
- Add in the minced garlic, cook for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, Italian herbs, salt
and pepper, brown sugar, Worcheshire sauce , and red wine vinegar.
- Continue to stir until all ingredients are mixed.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes.
Cabbage Rolls Directions:
- While the sauce is cooking, begin to make the cabbage rolls.
- Add water to a large pot and bring it to a boil.
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 325 degrees.
- Prep a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with nonstick baking spray.
- Place the cabbage into the pot of boiling water.
- Cook the cabbage for 4-5 minutes. (Or until the cabbage leaves are pliable.
- Take the cabbage out of the pot.
- Carefully peel 10 large leaves.
- Add in a large bowl the ground beef, rice onion powder, salt, pepper,
- Worcestershire sauce, paprika, Italian herbs, half of the fresh parsley, and
- Mix to combine.
- Add in ½ cup of tomato sauce, stirring to mix.
- Place each cooked cabbage leaf on a flat surface.
- Using a small knife remove the thick part of the cabbage rib.
- With a ⅓ measuring cup take out a combination of the meat mixture coated in the tomato sauce mixture.
- Place in the center of the cabbage leaf.
- Using your hands, roll the meat into a log.
- Roll the cabbage leaf around the meat log.
- Repeat this process for each of the cabbage leaves.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 2 hours.
- Remove from the oven when done and
- sprinkle the remaining parsley on top.
- Set aside for 15 minutes prior to serving.
Yield 8 Serving Size 1 Amount Per Serving Calories258 Total Fat 13g Saturated Fat 3g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 9g Cholesterol 84mg Sodium 612mg Carbohydrates2 1g Fiber 5g Sugar 8g Protein 18g