Air fryer roast beef is simple to cook, but also tender and flavorsome. This recipe uses rosemary, thyme, salt, and a little olive oil, for perfect classic roast beef.
prep time: 5 MINUTES
cook time: 35 MINUTES
inactive time: 10 MINUTES
total time: 50 MINUTES
- 2lb/ 900g beef roast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons rosemary and thyme, (fresh or dried)
- Preheat air fryer to 390°F (200°C).
- Mix sea salt, rosemary and oil on a plate.
- Pat the beef roast dry with paper towels. Place beef roast on plate and turn so that the oil-herb mix coats the outside of the beef.
- If using, peel onion and cut it in half, place onion halves in the air fryer basket.
- Place beef roast in the air fryer basket.
- Set to air fry beef for 5 minutes.
- When the time is up, change the temperature to 360°F (180°C). Flip the beef roast over half way through the cooking time if required by your air fryer [Note 1].
- Set the beef to cook for an additional 30 minutes. This should give you medium-rare beef. Though is best to monitor the temperature with a meat thermometer to ensure that it is cooked to your liking. Check it early, and cook for additional 5 minute intervals if you prefer it more well done.
- Remove roast beef from air fryer, cover with kitchen foil and leave to rest for at least ten minutes before serving. This allows the meat to finish cooking and the juices to reabsorb into the meat.
- Carve the roast beef thinly against the grain and serve with roasted or steamed vegetables, wholegrain mustard, and gravy.
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 212g TOTAL FAT: 7g SATURATED FAT: 2g UNSATURATED FAT: 0g CHOLESTEROL: 83mg SODIUM: 282mg CARBOHYDRATES: 2g FIBER: 1gSUGAR: 1g PROTEIN: 33g