Shrimp and Asparagus are cooked together in individual foil packs in a rich buttery sauce. The bright lemon pairs perfectly here and the garlic adds so much flavor. Cook them on the grill or in the oven.
- Servings: 4
- 1 1/2 lbs large (21/25) shrimp , peeled and deveined
- 2 Tbsp dry white wine or chicken broth
- 4 tsp minced garlic (4 cloves)
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 Tbsp butter , diced into small cubes
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lb medium thickness asparagus , woody ends trimmed
Preheat a grill to medium-high heat (about 400 – 425 degrees F).
Cut 4 sheets of 14 by 12-inch heavy duty aluminum foil then lay each piece separately on countertop.
Divide shrimp among packs near center then place asparagus to one side of the shrimp (going the long direction of the foil).
Pour 1/2 Tbsp white wine over each. Sprinkle over garlic (1 tsp per packet) and lemon zest then season with salt and pepper.
Divide butter pieces evenly among packets layering them over the shrimp and asparagus.
Wrap packets in and crimp edges together then wrap ends up (don’t wrap too tight – keep a little extra space inside for heat to circulate).
Grill, sealed side upward, until shrimp has cooked through, about 9 – 10 minutes.
Carefully unwrap then drizzle with lemon juice (or just serve with lemon wedges for spritzing) and sprinkle with parsley.
- For baking in the oven: preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Cook 13 to 15 minutes.
- A good side dish for these is couscous, orzo, or rice since you’ll have that delicious sauce with a little extra to go around.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 358 Calories from Fat 171
% Daily Value*
Fat 19g 29%
Saturated Fat 11g 69%
Cholesterol 474mg 158%
Sodium 356mg 15%
Potassium 386mg 11%
Carbohydrates 6g 2%
Fiber 2g 8%
Sugar 2g 2%
Protein 36g 72%
Vitamin A 1550IU 31%
Vitamin C 20.2mg 24%
Calcium 287mg 29%
Iron 6.2mg 34%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.